[ipfix-eval] draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-contrib-00.txt

Simon Leinen <simon@limmat.switch.ch> Mon, 28 October 2002 13:17 UTC

From: Simon Leinen <simon@limmat.switch.ch>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:01:59 +0100
To: ipfix-eval@net.doit.wisc.edu
Subject: [ipfix-eval] draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-contrib-00.txt
Sender: majordomo listserver <majordomo@mil.doit.wisc.edu>

I decided to submit an updated version of my "Individual Evaluation"
I-D for reference, because it contains some rationale that is missing
from the first version of the evaluation team I-D.  Since I hadn't
submitted the first version to the I-D repository, I had to change the
title rather than the serial number.  Full text is attached.

Changes from the first version (which had been circulated on the
ipfix-eval mailing list) include:

    Changed name from draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-00.txt to
    draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-contrib-00.txt.

    Added text about benefit/cost of split reporting à la LFAP.

    Added text about benefits of server-selected byte ordering à la
    CRANE.

    Added text about LFAP's multi-record encoding.

    Added text about NetFlow v9's periodical reporting requirement for
    option and template data, and how this could be relaxed for
    reporting asynchronous events, in particular when a reliable
    transport is used.

    (Opinionated Conclusions): Removed entire section.

    (Acknowledgements): New section.

    (References): Completed LFAP-MIB reference.
--
Simon.