RE: [ipfix] Mailing list digest, Friday 8 March

"Kevin Zhang" <kevin.zhang@xacct.com> Mon, 11 March 2002 18:57 UTC

From: Kevin Zhang <kevin.zhang@xacct.com>
To: ipfix@net.doit.wisc.edu
Cc: n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz, calato@riverstonenet.com
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:34:55 -0500
Sender: majordomo listserver <majordomo@mil.doit.wisc.edu>

Hi Paul,

I have to disagree with you, please see my comments.

Thanks,

Kevin

I believe CRANE protocol (http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kzhang-crane-protocol-02.txt) is considered as a candidate for IPFIX.  We have several deployments with tier one carriers, which the exporter and collectors communicate through WAN. Furthermore, potential IPFIX exporting devices may be routers, probes, and mid-boxes as outlined in our charter; I do not agree that the need of high-speed router (may have limited on-device flow processing capability) should over-ride all the other needs.