RFC 1209 (IP over SMDS) advancement to Draft Standard

Andy Malis <malis@maelstrom.timeplex.com> Mon, 19 December 1994 20:55 UTC

To: iplpdn@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Cc: malis@maelstrom.acton.timeplex.com, dave@corecom.com, jcl@mail.bellcore.com, clapp@ameris.center.il.ameritech.com, stev+iesg@ftp.com, ip-atm@matmos.hpl.hp.com, smds@CNRI.Reston.VA.US, iesg@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: RFC 1209 (IP over SMDS) advancement to Draft Standard
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 12:37:41 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Andy Malis <malis@maelstrom.timeplex.com>

IPLPDNers,

I've been asked by Stev Knowles to chair a virtual (over the net)
IPLPDN "meeting" in order to advance RFC 1209, "The Transmission of IP
Datagrams over the SMDS Service", from Proposed Standard to Draft
Standard.  Note that rfc-index.txt incorrectly lists 1209 as DS, but
RFC 1720 (STD 1) correctly lists it as Proposed.

As part of the process, the Working Group is required to list known
RFC 1209 implementations.

Please, if you have implemented RFC 1209, drop me a line (just to me
is fine) to let me know.  If you would like this, or any of the
following, information to be confidential, that is fine - just let me
know.

We also need to know if:

- There are any parts of the RFC that you did NOT implement, so the WG
  can consider removing any features that were never implemented by
  anyone.  Given the brevity of the RFC, this is probably unlikely
  (except perhaps the IP multicasting support).

- If your implementation has, to your knowledge, interoperated with
  (or failed to interoperate with) other implementations.

- If you encountered any problems with the RFC itself
  (inconsistencies, unclear sections, etc.) that can or should be
  improved.

Also, please send me a message if you, for any reason, feel that RFC
1209 should NOT be advanced.  Including your reason would help! :-)

After a week or so, I will issue a summary listing non-confidential
information received.

Because of the age of the iplpdn list, I've also sent this to the
ip-atm and smds lists as well.  Sorry for any duplicates.  From this
point on, please restrict mail to the iplpdn list itself.  I will also
be posting a version of this message on comp.dcom.cell-relay.

Requests to be added to or deleted from the iplpdn mailing list go to
iplpdn-request@cnri.reston.va.us [DO NOT just reply to this message -
your request will not be received by the list maintainer].

Thanks,
Andy
Virtual Chair, IETF IP over Large Public Data Networks Working Group
Andrew G. Malis   malis@maelstrom.timeplex.com             +1 508 266-4522
Ascom Timeplex    289 Great Rd., Acton MA 01720 USA   FAX: +1 508 264-4999