[IPORPR] RE: [RPRWG] IPoRPR initial draft

"Glenn Parsons" <gparsons@nortel.com> Tue, 19 July 2005 19:54 UTC

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:49:42 -0400
From: Glenn Parsons <gparsons@nortel.com>
To: STDS-802-17@listserv.ieee.org
Cc: iporpr@ietf.org
Subject: [IPORPR] RE: [RPRWG] IPoRPR initial draft
Sender: iporpr-bounces@ietf.org

George,

Thanks for the comments.

We need to clean up the identification of optional & mandatory in
section 1.2 as you suggest.

On the DSCP & EXP mapping to service classes, the intent of this
document is to define the default mapping.  Vendors can do what they
want -- but should use the mapping in this document if they want to be
'compliant and interoperable'.  We'll add some text to this effect.

On ringlet selection, there is no MPLS control of the direction in this
document per the charter.  To progress this, the plan is to lay out the
reasons for doing this in the next document.

Cheers,
Glenn.