RE: [Ipoverib] Scheduling for the Salt Lake City (SLC) IETF

Brian Forbes <bforbes@brocade.com> Tue, 13 November 2001 21:41 UTC

From: Brian Forbes <bforbes@brocade.com>
To: 'Bill Strahm' <bill@sanera.net>, "'ipoverib@ietf.org'" <ipoverib@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Ipoverib] Scheduling for the Salt Lake City (SLC) IETF
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:40:09 -0800
Sender: ipoverib-admin@ietf.org

As you may recall, the IB switch MIB is partially modelled on the MIB
described in draft-ietf-ipfc-fcmgmt-int-mib-07.txt, aka the "FA MIB", for
fibre channel, including the eventual ability to describe multiple node
types. The FA MIB, which seems to provide significant value to end users and
has been implemented by multiple vendors, has nevertheless caused
considerable IETF discussion and seems to require significant architectural
work. A number of people are working out the FA MIB's future direction.

Based on these considerations, Brocade proposes to defer submitting an
update of the IB switch MIB until the architectural direction is set for the
FA MIB or its successor, and will not need time on the Salt Lake agenda.

Brian Forbes
Brocade Communications