[ippm] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method-06: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 24 February 2021 06:36 UTC

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method@ietf.org, ippm-chairs@ietf.org, ippm@ietf.org, Ian Swett <ianswett@google.com>, tpauly@apple.com, tpauly@apple.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 22:36:52 -0800
Subject: [ippm] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method-06: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method/

COMMENT:

[[ comments ]]

[ section 4 ]

* RFC 6438 isn't only about flow label treatment at Tunnel End Points, since
  other devices in the network can do ECMP where the flow label is part of
  the flow.

  Maybe just a full stop after "when routers have complied with RFC6438
  guidelines."?

[[ questions ]]

[ sections 5.6/6.6/7.4 ]

* Should the "megabit = 1,000,000 bits" text from section 6.6 be also used
  in sections 5.6 and 7.4, or even called out separately earlier on?

  (Maybe it's just my own experience, but I've found that, while "mibi" 100%
  of the time means base 2, "mega" only mostly means base 10 and occasionally
  can still be interpreted as base 2.)

[[ nits ]]

[ section 2 ]

* "Also, to foster the development..."

  This appears to be a sentence fragment rather than a grammatically correct
  sentence.  I assume the point is to say that fostering the development ...
  is also goal of the document.

* "The supporting" -> "Supporting the", might read more naturally?

[ section 5.4 ]

* "The statistics used to to summarize" -> "The statistics used to summarize"

[ section 6.5 ]

* "so that is" -> "so that it is"?