[ippm] draft-ietf-ippm-qoo-06 ietf last call Secdir review

Mališa Vučinić via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 17 February 2026 13:51 UTC

Return-Path: <noreply@ietf.org>
X-Original-To: ippm@ietf.org
Delivered-To: ippm@mail2.ietf.org
Received: from [10.244.6.246] (unknown [4.156.85.76]) by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 5396AB8BD0B7; Tue, 17 Feb 2026 05:51:08 -0800 (PST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
From: Mališa Vučinić via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: secdir@ietf.org
X-Test-IDTracker: no
X-IETF-IDTracker: 12.59.0
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
Precedence: bulk
Message-ID: <177133626824.1045386.6498907563879240749@dt-datatracker-6ff7c68975-7k42g>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2026 05:51:08 -0800
Message-ID-Hash: ZVNWGPKQIW3LAEFCWRAPS4VJUJBSKB7Y
X-Message-ID-Hash: ZVNWGPKQIW3LAEFCWRAPS4VJUJBSKB7Y
X-MailFrom: noreply@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Rule-Misses: dmarc-mitigation; no-senders; approved; emergency; loop; banned-address; member-moderation; header-match-ippm.ietf.org-0; nonmember-moderation; administrivia; implicit-dest; max-recipients; max-size; news-moderation; no-subject; digests; suspicious-header
CC: draft-ietf-ippm-qoo.all@ietf.org, ippm@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 3.3.9rc6
Reply-To: Mališa Vučinić <malisa.vucinic@inria.fr>
Subject: [ippm] draft-ietf-ippm-qoo-06 ietf last call Secdir review
List-Id: IETF IP Performance Metrics Working Group <ippm.ietf.org>
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ippm/WZbUOnllv1USRCKWkkBDtWOBj8Q>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/ippm>
List-Help: <mailto:ippm-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Owner: <mailto:ippm-owner@ietf.org>
List-Post: <mailto:ippm@ietf.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:ippm-join@ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:ippm-leave@ietf.org>

Document: draft-ietf-ippm-qoo
Title: Quality of Outcome (QoO)
Reviewer: Mališa Vučinić
Review result: Ready

I reviewed this document as part of the Security Directorate's ongoing effort
to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were
written primarily for the benefit of the Security Area Directors.  Document
authors, document editors, and WG chairs should treat these comments just like
any other IETF Last Call comments.

The document is clear and well-written. It does not define a new protocol, yet
it discusses the security considerations arising from the operational
perspective. I agree with the considerations outlined and I find the proposed
mitigations effective. I have no additional considerations pertaining to the
proposed framework.