Re: [ippm] Meeting in Stockholm

<Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de> Wed, 08 July 2009 09:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:37:44 +0200
From: Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de
To: henk@ripe.net, matt@internet2.edu
Cc: Gerhard.Hasslinger@t-systems.com, ippm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ippm] Meeting in Stockholm

Dear chairs,

please assign a time slot to present and discuss the advancement of metrics.
My colleague Gerhard Hasslinger will present the design team draft,
draft-geib-ippm-metrictest-00.

Please let me know how much time's available to present the draft. I plan to
draft the presentation by the end of next week.

My impression is, that ther may be reluctancy to work with statistical
tests. I try to work out one example metric test with data collected by a
single implementation measuring along a partially shared path (one origin,
two destinations).

Henk and Matt, if you have kept raw data from the TTM/Surveyor metric test
and could make it available to Gerhard and me (this could however also be
done after the Stockholm meeting, if there's interest).

Regards,

Ruediger

Deutsche Telekom Netzproduktion GmbH
Zentrum Technik Einführung
Technik Internet Backbone, TE142-19
Rüdiger Geib
Heinrich Hertz Str. 3-7
64297 Darmstadt
Tel.: 06151/6282747
Fax: 0251/7985109

Deutsche Telekom Netzproduktion (DT NP) GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: Timotheus Höttges (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Bruno Jacobfeuerborn (Vorsitzender), Albert Matheis, Klaus Peren
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 14190
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
USt-IdNr.: DE 814645262

----------------------------

IPPM group,

We will meet in Stockholm, please let us know if you have any agenda
items.

As a reminder, here is a list of things people promised to do in March:

1. Submit first draft of the advancement of metrics draft. (Ruediger et al).

2. Ask the list if there is interest in the various TWAMP drafts. (Al)

3. Include Yakov's comments in the Composition Framework draft and prepare
   for WGLC. (Al)

4. Finish the WG Reporting draft and prepare for WGLC. (Stas/Martin/Matt)

5. IPR disclosure for Loss Metrics, comments from group if we should pick
   this up.  (Joel, Nick).

Matt & Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746