Re: [ippm] FW: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ippm/draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Tue, 12 February 2008 10:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:00:37 +0100
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
Cc: Henk Uijterwaal <henk@ripe.net>, IETF IPPM WG <ippm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ippm] FW: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ippm/draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt
Sender: ippm-bounces@ietf.org

Benoit,

Let me say that I am finding this discussion to happen a little bit too
early, but I was answering to the challenge coming from Henk. Usually
such discussions happen when the document became a work item, or even at
WGLC.

Section 5 includes A LOT of history which seems to me not relevant and
usually is not included in IETF documents. Maybe a short summary should
be part of Section 6 but not all the details. In section 6 I do not see
the point of 6.5 and 6.6, and have doubts about 6.8, but maybe I should
read this one again to make sure that I understand the issues.

The issue with section 8 is that it goes into some details about
measurement methods and devices, rather than metrics. It would be
interested to hear the opinion of other IPPM folks.

Dan