RE: [ippm] Review of: draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-12.txt

"Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Sun, 23 April 2006 11:17 UTC

Subject: RE: [ippm] Review of: draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-12.txt
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:17:47 +0300
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: mallman@icir.org, Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>
Cc: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, "Mreview (E-mail)" <mreview@ops.ietf.org>, ippm@ietf.org

The context of the question is the comment made by Bert Wijnen wrt.
Section 4.5 of the document in preparation of the discussion of the
document in the IESG on 4/27. Bert is asking how 'would the metric be
comparable from one to the other measurement if one of them uses msg
sequence numbers, while the other uses "units of time". Even if two of
them use "units of time" but different units (e.g. micro seconds vs
milliseconds) even then they would not be comparable.'

I believe that his question is still pending.

Dan