Re: [ippm] RFC 4656 on use of OWAMP-Control and relationship withOWAMP-Test

<xiao.min2@zte.com.cn> Mon, 10 April 2017 02:06 UTC

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:06:12 +0800
From: xiao.min2@zte.com.cn
To: gregimirsky@gmail.com
Cc: mjethanandani@gmail.com, acmorton@att.com, ippm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ippm] RFC 4656 on use of OWAMP-Control and relationship withOWAMP-Test

Fully agree.

After the split of two scenarios the implementer and the operator can choose YANG model as needed easily and clearly.

Best Regards,

Xiao Min

原始邮件

发件人: <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
收件人: <mjethanandani@gmail.com>
抄送人: <acmorton@att.com> <ippm@ietf.org>
日 期 :2017年04月08日 08:55
主 题 :Re: [ippm] RFC 4656 on use of OWAMP-Control and relationship withOWAMP-Test

Hi Mahesh,if one uses TWAMP-Control model defined in draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang, then, according to Figure 2, there's no need neither for container session-sender, nor for container session-reflector. In this case Session-Sender and Session-Reflector have only operational state data as all configuration from Control-Client and Server communicated to them over proprietary APIs. If one wants to instantiate TWAMP test session using YANG model from draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang, then there will be several issues with parameters referring to a Control-Client. Hence I propose to work together to use YANG model from draft-mirsky-ippm-twamp-light-yang as TWAMP-Test for the second scenario.

Regards,
Greg