RE: A Transport Protocol Without ACK

Jim McGrath <Jim.McGrath@quantum.com> Tue, 19 September 2000 01:15 UTC

From: Jim McGrath <Jim.McGrath@quantum.com>
To: "'Randall R. Stewart'" <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>, Y P Cheng <ycheng@advansys.com>
Cc: "'Ips@Ece. Cmu. Edu'" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
Subject: RE: A Transport Protocol Without ACK
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:07:25 -0700
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

Actually, I have not heard any discussion of Netware networking protocols -
IPX, SPX, etc...  these work fine, are widely supported, and could be using
instead of TCP.

I am not familiar enough with a comparison to be able and determine the pros
and cons, but I would invite someone to express a reasoned opinion.

Jim