Re: iSCSI: Option Preference (was Login Proposal)

Sandeep Joshi <sandeepj@research.bell-labs.com> Wed, 22 August 2001 22:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:48:17 -0400
From: Sandeep Joshi <sandeepj@research.bell-labs.com>
To: Steve Senum <ssenum@cisco.com>
CC: ietf-ips <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: iSCSI: Option Preference (was Login Proposal)
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

Steve,

That would be the initiator's preference...accept a "none"
or drop the connection.

Marjorie's point is that conceptually user/IIN authentication
would be controlled by the target (i.e. the server).

Once the endpoints are authenticated (e.g. by IPSec), then
ITN/IIN authentication will be driven by the server (target)

This is analogous to a RAS scenario in ipsra,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-03.txt)
( umm..please dont extend this analogy too far :-) )

regards,
-Sandeep