RE: Using HTTP proxies with iSCSI

"Jim Hafner/Almaden/IBM" <hafner@almaden.ibm.com> Thu, 12 October 2000 16:36 UTC

Subject: RE: Using HTTP proxies with iSCSI
To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
From: Jim Hafner/Almaden/IBM <hafner@almaden.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:43:41 -0700
Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

David,

If we find the need for something along these lines (i.e. that your option
(1) is NOT sufficient), then my proposed CONNECT has all the properties
you'd like. In particular, as with https, the proxy/gateway/intermediary is
NOT part of the iSCSI security context.   (It might be part of lower layer
security contexts like IPsec on its in and out connections, but that's not
relevant and is transparent to the iSCSI layer.)

Jim Hafner

Black_David@emc.com@ece.cmu.edu on 10-12-2000 06:08:01 AM

Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu