Re: [Ips] DRAFT Montreal minutes - X#NodeArchitecture comments

David Wysochanski <davidw@netapp.com> Wed, 02 August 2006 15:03 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:03:24 -0400
From: David Wysochanski <davidw@netapp.com>
To: "Sandars, Ken" <ken_sandars@adaptec.com>
Subject: Re: [Ips] DRAFT Montreal minutes - X#NodeArchitecture comments
Cc: ips@ietf.org

It is an excellent point which I think also was brought up in Montreal
(see Final minutes by David Black).  However, I believe I have addressed
this concern with the following text in the latest version I posted to
the list on 07/13/2006 06:34 PM (see draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-nodearch-key-01r2.txt):

    Nodes implementing this key may choose to only transmit the
    key, only log the key values received from other nodes, or both
    transmit and log the key values.  Each node choosing to implement
    transmission of the key values MUST be prepared to handle the
    response of [RFC3720] compliant nodes that do not understand the
    key ([RFC3720] states that compliant nodes MUST respond with
    X#NodeArchitecture=NotUnderstood).

Does this paragraph address your concern?