[Ips] Error detection responsibility

Black_David@emc.com Mon, 13 June 2005 18:42 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
To: eddy_quicksall_iVivity_iSCSI@comcast.net, ips@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:42:09 -0400
Subject: [Ips] Error detection responsibility
Sender: ips-bounces@ietf.org

Eddy,

I agree with Mallikarjun that a blanket statement, even one
like the second one you proposed, is a bad idea.

I think a better approach would be to identify the specific
cases for which you believe it's unreasonable for a target to
make comprehensive error checks, and document what an
implementation MAY choose not to check.  A blanket statement
like the one you proposed still leaves implementers
scratching their heads about what they're supposed to do.

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754

IETF

Internet-Draft