Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-00.txt

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Fri, 24 January 2003 21:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:25:19 -0500
To: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ccm-00.txt
Sender: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com

I wrote this lnternet-Draft so that we could explore the ESPv3 support for
authenticated encryption modes.  CCM is the only unencumbered
authentication encryption mode that I know about today.  I hear that
another is under development, but for now, we can work with CCM to
determine whether ESPv3 really meets its design objectives.

Russ