Win2000 IPSec walkthrough pointer

William Dixon <wdixon@microsoft.com> Thu, 15 July 1999 04:37 UTC

From: William Dixon <wdixon@microsoft.com>
To: "'ipsec@lists.tislabs.com'" <ipsec@lists.tislabs.com>
Subject: Win2000 IPSec walkthrough pointer
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:02:08 -0700
Sender: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com

Had a number of requests, so wanted to let everyone know the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/server/Deploy/default.asp

under Security

It covers how to use certificates and enroll using the Internet Microsoft
CAs available at http://sectestca1.rte.microsoft.com

Expect the L2TP-IPSec walkthrough to be posted in 2-3 weeks.

Please use the newsgroups mentioned in the walkthrough for questions on
configuration.  I can try to handle specific implementation questions
offline via email.

I would particularly like to hear from other OS vendors  who have a GSS-API
library, interested in supporting Kerberos v5 auth in IKE for transport SAs:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-02.txt

To answer the most popular question, no, we don't have an API for this
initial release, will be working on one for next release.

I've been out for 2 weeks, so please don't be offended if I can't reply
quickly.

Wm
IPSec Program Manager
Microsoft