[IPsec] New draft on hybrid key-exchange for IKEv2

Cen Jung Tjhai <CJT@post-quantum.com> Thu, 06 July 2017 09:31 UTC

From: Cen Jung Tjhai <CJT@post-quantum.com>
To: "ipsec@ietf.org" <ipsec@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 09:31:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.3.255.7]
Subject: [IPsec] New draft on hybrid key-exchange for IKEv2

Dear all,

Last month, we submitted a draft on optional key exchange payload carrying quantum-safe public data, which is used in conjunction with DH key exchange to establish a quantum-safe shared secret between IKEv2 peers. The draft can be obtained here: https://www.ietf.org/staging/draft-ietf-ipsecme-hybrid-qske-ikev2-00.txt

Unfortunately, due to incorrect naming convention of the draft, it did not make it through the final process. However, David Waltermire has steered us in the right direction and we will resubmit the draft after 16th July.

In the meantime, we would be grateful to hear any feedbacks or comments on this. We would be happy to discuss it in Prague too.

We would like to add that we also have an open source implementation (using strongSwan) that demonstrates this extension. The source code is available at this forked strongSwan repository: https://github.com/post-quantum/strongswan, at "qske" branch. Please refer to https://github.com/post-quantum/strongswan/blob/qske/README.QSKE.md for additional information.

Best wishes,
CJ