Re: [IPsec] Large Scale VPN

Praveen Sathyanarayan <praveenys@juniper.net> Tue, 03 January 2012 20:35 UTC

From: Praveen Sathyanarayan <praveenys@juniper.net>
To: Mike Sullenberger <MLS@cisco.com>, "ipsec@ietf.org" <ipsec@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 12:32:11 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Large Scale VPN

I would like to re-iterate again.

1.) Juniper solution is not based on GRE. Juniper solution is based on
"pure" IPSec in tunnel mode. It works very well.
2.) Juniper implementation has many proprietary messages to solve all
scenarios. NHRP is required, but it is not complete.
3.) Authentication method to authenticate spokes can be proprietary.

We believe there is a need for standard, so that different vendors can
interop.

-- Praveen