Re: [IPsec] Proposed work item: IKE/IPsec high availability and load sharing - YES

Raj Singh <rsjenwar@gmail.com> Wed, 02 December 2009 01:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 07:16:13 +0530
From: Raj Singh <rsjenwar@gmail.com>
To: Yaron Sheffer <yaronf@checkpoint.com>
Cc: "ipsec@ietf.org" <ipsec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Proposed work item: IKE/IPsec high availability and load sharing - YES

Hi Team,

According to me, High Availability needs protocol level support from IKEv2
due to windowing and sequence numbers in IPsec.
This will enhance performance and avoid proprietary versions of different
vendors. Here we can discuss various problem and solution of IPsec and HA,
which surely needs some attention.
Also, Kalyani presented a solution syncing-up of IKE message id in internal
meeting. That can be a good starting point.
I would like to review and co-author this draft.

Regards,
Raj