Re: [IPsec] IANA ikev2 registry and FC values

"Dan Harkins" <dharkins@lounge.org> Thu, 17 January 2013 19:44 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:44:21 -0800
From: Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org>
To: Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: ipsec@ietf.org, Tero Kivinen <kivinen@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: [IPsec] IANA ikev2 registry and FC values

  Hello,

On Thu, January 17, 2013 10:23 am, Yaron Sheffer wrote:
> I agree that sharing registries with related but different protocols is
> not a good thing. I just think this is not one of these cases.

  I agree that this is not the case but sharing registries should not
be a problem. We use OIDs all the time with different protocols.
The problems arise when a group of people attempts to impose
administrative rules on protocol use and say that some completely
legitimate technical application is prohibited for the simple reason
that they say it is.

  Dan.