[IPsec] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs-12

Bo Wu via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 18 May 2022 03:56 UTC

From: Bo Wu via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: ops-dir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs.all@ietf.org, ipsec@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 20:56:03 -0700
Subject: [IPsec] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-ipsecme-iptfs-12

Reviewer: Bo Wu
Review result: Has Nits

Hi all,

I have been selected as the Operational Directorate reviewer for this draft.

Comments:
This draft uses IPsec tunnel mode to improve confidentiality by hiding inner
packet identifiable information, packet size and packet timing. The document is
well-written and readable.

Major Issues:
None

Minor Issues:
None

Query:
Section 4.  Configuration of AGGFRAG Tunnels for IP-TFS
This section defines the configurations of three parameters: Bandwidth, packet
size, and congestion control. It also says "No standardized configuration
method is required."  As I see WG is working on YANG and MIB drafts related to
this draft. I am wondering if these drafts can be referenced in this section as
examples of the configuration and operation method?

Nits:
- Expand on first use: ESP,CC

2.2.3.1.  Optional Extra Padding
OLD:
While use of padding to avoid fragmentation does not impact
   interoperability, used inappropriately it can reduce the effective
   throughput of a tunnel.
Suggest:
While the use of padding to avoid fragmentation does not impact
interoperability, using inappropriately it can reduce the effective throughput
of a tunnel.

Appendix C C.1.  Comparing Overhead
OLD
For comparing overhead the overhead of ESP for both normal and
   AGGFRAG tunnel packets must be calculated,
Suggest:
For comparing the overhead of ESP for both normal and
   AGGFRAG tunnel packets must be calculated