Re: phase 2 and ports

Skip Booth <ebooth@cisco.com> Mon, 26 June 2000 21:54 UTC

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:33:57 -0400
From: Skip Booth <ebooth@cisco.com>
To: Jari Arkko <Jari.Arkko@lmf.ericsson.se>
cc: Jan Vilhuber <vilhuber@cisco.com>, ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: Re: phase 2 and ports
Sender: owner-ipsec@lists.tislabs.com

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Jari Arkko wrote:

> Jan Vilhuber wrote:
>
> > Here's the problem: Some protocols float ports (example l2tp, ftp, h.323, to
> > name a few). Other protocols a priori use more than one port (can't think of
>
> This is a real problem.
>
> Maybe we could come up with an API or a protocol to enable applications
> to control security services in the manner you propose.

Does anyone remember the draft titled:

draft-mcdonald-simple-ipsec-api-01.txt

It has long since expired and I don't recall giving it more than a casual glance
at the time, but I am wondering whether there was anything useful in this draft
to use as a starting point for such an API.

If someone still has a copy of this sitting around, please send it to me.

-Skip