I-NLSP for TUBA

Robert Glenn <glenn@osi.ncsl.nist.gov> Tue, 17 May 1994 14:05 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 09:50:00 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Robert Glenn <glenn@osi.ncsl.nist.gov>
To: ipsec@ans.net
Subject: I-NLSP for TUBA
Cc: glenn@osi.ncsl.nist.gov

Originally, the TUBA WG intended to work within the IPSEC WG for its
lower layer security requirements.  Because of perceived dead-lines,
and various other reasons, it was decided shortly after the Seattle
meeting, that TUBA would need it's own security protocol.  Leveraging
off of the knowledge learned from participating in the IPSEC WG, I have
re-written I-NLSP in support of TUBA.   "I-NLSP for TUBA" is a major
revision with a new simple, fixed-length packet format that provides
security for both CLNP and IPv4.

I would appreciate comments on the new I-D.  It should be of interest
to this group, particularly because it provides a security solution for
IPv4.  It was announced yesterday on the ietf-announce list and resides
on your favorite I-D ftp site.  I've included the announcement with
this message.

Thanks,

Rob G.