Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-10: (with COMMENT)

Lars Eggert via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 26 May 2021 09:53 UTC

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam@ietf.org, 6man-chairs@ietf.org, ipv6@ietf.org, Ole Trøan <ot@cisco.com>, ot@cisco.com
Subject: Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-10: (with COMMENT)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 02:53:42 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam/

COMMENT:

Section 3.3, paragraph 3, nit:
-    The illustration is different than the In-situ OAM defined in [I.D-
-                                                                     --
-    draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data].  This is because In-situ OAM records
-    ------
+    The illustration is different than the In-situ OAM defined in [I-D.
+                                                                    ++
+    ietf-ippm-ioam-data].  This is because In-situ OAM records

Section 3.3, paragraph 3, nit:
-    traverses a path between two points in the network [I.D-draft-ietf-
-                                                          --------
+    traverses a path between two points in the network [I-D.ietf-
+                                                         ++

Matt Joras flagged these broken references to draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data
in his GenART review; I guess they were not fixed in -10 after all?

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 3.2.1, paragraph 3, nit:
-    via an arbitrary segment list <S1, S2, S3>, it needs to initiate
+    via an arbitrary segment list <S1, S2, S3>, it needs to initiate a
+                                                                    ++

Section 1.3, paragraph 13, nit:
> convenient. * (payload) represents the the payload of the packet. 2. OAM Mech
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Maybe you need to remove one determiner so that only "the" or "the" is left.

Section 3.2.2, paragraph 5, nit:
> rates a hybrid OAM mechanism using the the O-flag. Without loss of the genera
>                                    ^^^^^^^
Maybe you need to remove one determiner so that only "the" or "the" is left.

Document references draft-gandhi-spring-stamp-srpm-04, but -06 is the latest
available revision.

Document references draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-11, but -12 is the latest
available revision.

Document references draft-matsushima-spring-srv6-deployment-status-10, but -11
is the latest available revision.