FW: New Version Notification for draft-donley-6man-flowlabel-transport-sig-00

Chris Donley <C.Donley@cablelabs.com> Tue, 02 March 2010 20:45 UTC

From: Chris Donley <C.Donley@cablelabs.com>
To: "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 13:45:28 -0700
Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-donley-6man-flowlabel-transport-sig-00
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "Kirk Erichsen (kirk.erichsen@twcable.com)" <kirk.erichsen@twcable.com>

Hello,

Kirk Erichsen and I are working on ways to expose port and protocol information of traffic encapsulated in IPv6 or obscured behind multiple extension headers to home gateways and other devices to allow for traffic classification and hardware-based special handling. We are looking to use the flow label for such purpose (using behavior described in Brian Carpenter's and Sheng Jiang's draft-carpenter-6man-flow-update), and have just submitted a draft describing our proposal.

We welcome your feedback, and would like to discuss this in Anaheim.

Thanks,
Chris