RE: What flexibility do 6to4 NAT have with address formats?

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Wed, 14 October 2009 17:44 UTC

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: "Dunn, Jeffrey H." <jdunn@mitre.org>, Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org>, "Perkins, Carroll G" <Carroll.Perkins@serco-na.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:43:55 -0700
Subject: RE: What flexibility do 6to4 NAT have with address formats?
acceptlanguage: en-US
x-tm-as-product-ver: SMEX-8.0.0.1181-5.600.1016-16946.003
x-tm-as-result: No--64.910400-8.000000-31
x-tm-as-user-approved-sender: No
x-tm-as-user-blocked-sender: No
Cc: Christian Huitema <huitema@microsoft.com>, 6man 6man <ipv6@ietf.org>, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>

Jeffrey,

Prefix delegation with, e.g., /48 is standard operating procedure;
what matters is how the prefix gets sub-delegated and how portions
of the prefix get assigned interfaces. Do you see cases where a
prefix other than /64 is assigned to an interface?

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com