Re: [Isis-wg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5310 (2462)

"Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com> Fri, 13 August 2010 18:25 UTC

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:25:44 -0700
From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>
To: Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li>, "Bhatia, Manav (Manav)" <manav.bhatia@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: chopps@rawdofmt.org, isis-wg@ietf.org, rja@extremenetworks.com, mfanto@aegisdatasecurity.com, adrian.farrel@huawei.com, riw@cisco.com, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5310 (2462)

Tony -

In the context of the discussion regarding
draft-ietf-isis-purge-tlv-03.txt, what is the point of
clarifying/correcting RFC5310 in this way given that we now need to
update this behavior to allow TLVs other than the authentication TLV in
purged LSPs?

I would also point out that draft-ietf-isis-mi-03.txt also stipulates
that the instance TLV MUST be retained in purged LSPs (see the last
paragraph of Section 2.1) - so we now have two cases that require TLVs
other than the authentication TLV to be included in purge LSPs.

   Les