Fwd: [Isis-wg] Context for IS-IS HMAC SHS

"Vishwas Manral" <vishwas.manral@gmail.com> Mon, 16 April 2007 00:59 UTC

DKIM-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=HZ7ug7zSYWDhUQKKwYPkihJ5ngoRi4UdCV5Wf0U30yMXXgIQj6nnv1pagCpD5MeuvCJ1FryhoLEKO6fJK7OUngn3Mmb9Hx1Tb6gg5ouuPMSBxWHZkoS4/Tff6c4VkYdKP2xpHqUajWRFBCFxa+Os/HvnTLUd5IpvqBuEkDdFF2g=
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:05:11 +0530
From: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.manral@gmail.com>
To: isis-wg@ietf.org
Subject: Fwd: [Isis-wg] Context for IS-IS HMAC SHS

Hi Ran,

Thanks a lot for the effort and the comments. As you said, you have
not been reading the archives or any of the documents,  the following
link will give you the archive
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/isis-wg/current/index.html and
the document you are referring to is located at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt.
We intend to move the document to RPsec, based on comments from a lot
of people regarding the same.

> 1) MD5 is NOT compromised as currently used with IS-IS
You are right and this has been clearly discussed earlier. Please have
a look at http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/isis-wg/current/msg01703.html.

> There is at least one proposal on the table that uses mathematics provided by NIST
> for the purpose of IGP authentication.
Ran, we have discussed this multiple times offline. We have given you
pointers from what cryptologist's have regarding the same. Can you
please explain what difference it makes to having an Apad value of
some constant random, and not a constant value of 0?

Thanks,
Vishwas