Re: [Isis-wg] [spring] working group last call for draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Mon, 27 July 2015 07:49 UTC

From: stephane.litkowski@orange.com
To: "spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 07:49:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.1]
Cc: "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] [spring] working group last call for draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing

Hi Chairs,

I currently have some issue with the anycast section of the draft. Based on the discussion  we had during the WG session (through Pushpasis's presentation), it looks that the anycast section is not enough explained (what is the problem behind ...) and using a "MUST" for mandating "common SRGB" is too restrictive to me as it was decided by the WG to make the SR architecture working with different SRGB per node.
I'm completely in favor of using "common SRGB" between anycast nodes as short term solution if possible, but working on general solution is also necessary.

Some more explanations are necessary, and a recommendation rather than using a MUST would be better.

PS : also the anycast draft refers to N-bit unset which is an encoding reference and so does not really make sense in this draft, possible solutions :
- move the statement to ISIS and OSPF draft
- be more generic on explaining the constraint (no more reference to encoding)

Regards,

Stephane