Re: re Chicago

April Marine <amarine@globe.arc.nasa.gov> Fri, 17 July 1998 17:42 UTC

Delivery-Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:42:16 -0400
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:36:22 -0700
From: April Marine <amarine@globe.arc.nasa.gov>
To: avri <avri@apocalypse.org>
cc: isn-wg@nasa.gov
Subject: Re: re Chicago
Sender: owner-isn-wg@nasa.gov

Some good points Avri.  Thanks!  Jodi should be scheduling the meeting in
the next couple of weeks.  I have a feeling that the slot for this meeting
will depend mostly on when she is available, but I'm sure she'll take
these ideas into consideration.

thanks!
April

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, avri wrote:

> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:47:14 -0400
> From: avri <avri@apocalypse.org>
> To: April Marine <amarine@globe.arc.nasa.gov>, isn-wg@nasa.gov
> Subject: Re: re Chicago
>

> >Just curious: how many people on the list think they'll be able to make
> >the session at the Chicago IETF?  It's the week of 8/24, if your memory
> >needs jogging.  (And if you are saying "IETF? huh?" info is at
> >http://www.ietf.org/ )
> >

> I will be in Chicago, and as long as the meeting doesn't conflict with the
> meetings i am sent to cover (in my case mpls and diffserv), i will attend.
>
> This brings up something.  I assume i am not alone as an attendee in having
> the isn work be a strong interest, but an avocation  and volunteer related
> instead of my main profession.  Is it possible to schedule these meetings
> out of the mainstream times?  For example in one of the evening/late slots
> (like key signing) or during the mini meeting periods.  I am asking because
> i have often wanted to attend, but been unable to due to critical time
> conflicts.  And for better or for worse, i doubt that many people are able
> to attend the IETF simply to attend isn.  Most of the attendees, except
> perhaps for local folk (i.e invitees from local schools etc...), are
> probably there for another paid purpose.
>
> I don't think this is a bad thing, because if the isn group is to do
> advocacy within the other WGs, they need to be conversant with the work done
> in other groups.  The challenge is finding a way to schedule to allow this
> to happen.
>
> a.

April Marine
GLOBE Program			1-800-858-9947  --> Help Desk
NASA Ames Research Center	650-604-0762    --> me
(Raytheon STX)			amarine@globe.arc.nasa.gov