Re: [iucg] RFC 5890 on Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA): Definitions and Document Framework

jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com> Wed, 04 August 2010 19:42 UTC

Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:42:31 +0200
To: rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
From: jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: "olaf M. Kolkman" <olaf@NLnetLabs.nl>, workon@idna2010.org, iucg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [iucg] RFC 5890 on Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA): Definitions and Document Framework

Dear Editor,

this seems to me in contradiction with Editor rules and/or practices
to publish document of which the publication under appeal. Except if
you have been demanded by IAB or IETF/IESG Chair, or if IAB has
answered my appeal but has not published it yet? Otherwise, my
reading is that this publication is premature and due to what depends
on the IAB response, possibly causes unnecesary harm to the Internet,
what your role is in such a case - as far as I understand the RFC - to prevent.

Please refer to the statements of Joyce Reynold of the similar case
of RFC 4647, except that IESG and RFC-Editor played by the rules.
Best
jfc