Re: [KEYPROV] FW: DISCUSS and COMMENT: draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp

"Philip Hoyer" <phoyer@actividentity.com> Tue, 15 June 2010 15:15 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:18:46 +0200
From: Philip Hoyer <phoyer@actividentity.com>
To: andrea.doherty@rsa.com, keyprov@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] FW: DISCUSS and COMMENT: draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp

Andrea,
Just wondering if

urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:prf-aes-128
urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:prf-sha256

Might not be better expressed as

urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:prf:aes-128
urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:prf:sha256

And maybe the

> URNs: urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:transport
> urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:wrap
> urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:passphrase-wrap

urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:wrap:transport
urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:wrap:simple
urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:wrap:passphrase

you know to distinguish the URNs directly.

I also agree with Peter that for interoperability we might need to
mandate that DSKPP server MUST implement a HTTP binding of DSKPP.

Philip