RE: [L2tpext] draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tphc-04.txt

"Daniel Feldman" <daniel@ic4ic.com> Sat, 16 March 2002 07:25 UTC

Subject: RE: [L2tpext] draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tphc-04.txt
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:21:22 +0200
From: Daniel Feldman <daniel@ic4ic.com>
To: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, l2tpext@ietf.org
Cc: "Tmima Koren (E-mail)" <tmima@cisco.com>
Sender: l2tpext-admin@ietf.org

The answers:

1) It would be used in the UMTS Radio Access Network (UTRAN), bewteen a
Node B and the RNC. This network is normally owned by one company and is
used only for transport of of the Radio Network Layer. The scenario is
pretty likely.
2) Firewalls probably won't exist between Node B and RNC
3) Can't 115 be used? And even if not, and a new one is needed, I guess
TCRTP is technique very useful in UTRAN, and it depends on L2TPHC. How
many UTRAN's will be deplyed? A lot...

	Regards,
		Daniel Feldman.