Re: [L2tpext] draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-01.txt and draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-02.txt

Vipin Jain <vipinietf@yahoo.com> Wed, 28 January 2004 10:14 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:11:33 -0800
From: Vipin Jain <vipinietf@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [L2tpext] draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-01.txt and draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-02.txt
To: "W. Mark Townsley" <townsley@cisco.com>, l2tpext@ietf.org, Sharon Galtzur <sharon@AXERRA.com>, "Paul W. Howard" <phoward@juniper.net>
Sender: l2tpext-admin@ietf.org

My comments:

I think both drafts are complete (I am attaching
draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-03.txt for everyone's review).

However, the main trade-off seems to be the simplicity vs. scalability, as
identified as goals in in Appendix A of draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-03.txt.

Just wondering: Why the mechanism described in
draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-03.txt would not work (and scale) for L2TPv3 as
well?

thanks,
-- vipin