Re: [L2tpext] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt

Carlos Pignataro <cpignata@cisco.com> Fri, 07 October 2005 20:36 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:35:50 -0400
From: Carlos Pignataro <cpignata@cisco.com>
To: l2tpext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [L2tpext] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt
Sender: l2tpext-bounces@ietf.org

Hi WG,

The updated revision -02 of "PPP over L2TPv3" just posted
[draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp]. The goal of the changes is to follow some
of the transition or direction that the base specification went though
until RFC3931 and this document wasn't updated, while minimizing the
distance from L2TPv2 for a seamless support. This includes for example
the addition of a PPP PW Type, use of Circuit Status AVP, etc.
All the updates are listed in the new Appendix A. "Revision History".

Full set of diffs (which in parts seems larger than the changes in
content due to formatting differences when I moved the source to xml) is
here:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/l2tpext/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02-from-01.diff.html

Please review the updates and the full text and comment.

Thanks,

--Carlos.

Circa 10/7/2005 3:50 PM, Internet-Drafts@ietf.org said the following:
> This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title		: PPP Tunneling Using Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3)
> 	Author(s)	: C. Pignataro
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt
> 	Pages		: 41
> 	Date		: 2005-10-7
>
> This document describes the use of "version 3" of Layer Two Tunneling
>    Protocol (L2TPv3) to tunnel Point-to-Point (PPP) packets.  This
>    document defines the control protocol and encapsulation specifics for
>    tunneling PPP over L2TPv3, and is a companion document to the L2TPv3
>    base specification.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt
>
> To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
> i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
> to change your subscription settings.
>

> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
> "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
> type "cd internet-drafts" and then
> 	"get draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt".
>
> A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>

> Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
> Send a message to:
> 	mailserv@ietf.org.
> In the body type:
> 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt".
>
> NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
> 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
> 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
> 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
> 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
> 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
> 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
> 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
> 	how to manipulate these messages.

> Internet-Draft.
> CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
> In order to maintain computing infrastructure integrity, Cisco Systems
> Enterprise Messaging Services and InfoSec teams have set a mail policy
> disallowing executable attachments in email.
>
> This message contained an executable attachment type that is prohibited
> by this policy. The attachment has been removed from this message and
> copied to quarantine by our systems. It will be held in quarantine for
> seven days in the event that the content needs to be retrieved.
>
> Please be aware many viruses attempt to look like legitimate email or
> notifications from anti-virus systems. We will clearly mark a seperation
> between our notifications and the original email as follows:
>
>   "CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY"
>
> For further reference information about viruses and email antivirus
> [...]

--Carlos.
Escalation RTP - cisco Systems