RE: Comment on draft-ietf-l2vpn-etree-reqt-02

Raymond Key <raymond.key@ieee.org> Wed, 10 October 2012 02:07 UTC

From: Raymond Key <raymond.key@ieee.org>
Sender: raymond.key@hotmail.com
To: sajassi@cisco.com, l2vpn@ietf.org
Subject: RE: Comment on draft-ietf-l2vpn-etree-reqt-02
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:07:39 +1100

Hi Ali,
Good suggestion. I will make the change in next version.
Thanks,
Raymond

From: sajassi@cisco.com
To: raymond.key@ieee.org; lucy.yong@huawei.com; l2vpn@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 19:03:37 +0000

Raymond,

Thanks for updating the draft. May I suggest the following minor changes:

Abstract:
From:  "This document provides functional requirements for Metro Ethernet
Forum (MEF) Ethernet Tree (E-Tree) support in L2VPN."
To:  "This document provides functional requirements for Metro Ethernet
Forum (MEF) Ethernet Tree (E-Tree) support in multipoint L2VPN solutions (referred to as simply L2VPN)."

Introduction, 1st para: same change as in Abstract

The reason for adding the keyword "multipoint" is to differentiate VPLS and E-VPN solutions from VPWS solution. All three of them are L2VPN solutions but E-TREE requirements applies to the former two.

Cheers,
Ali