RE: consensus stattement on vpsl solutions

"Tissa Senevirathne" <tsenevir@hotmail.com> Tue, 07 October 2003 10:22 UTC

From: Tissa Senevirathne <tsenevir@hotmail.com>
To: vach.kompella@alcatel.com, Sasha@AXERRA.com, loa@pi.se
Cc: rick@rhwilder.net, narten@us.ibm.com, l2vpn@ietf.org, jh@tutpro.com, alik@AXERRA.com, sharon@AXERRA.com
Subject: RE: consensus stattement on vpsl solutions
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:21:06 +0000
Sender: l2vpn-admin@ietf.org

my suggestion to WG is to seperate out RADIUS based discovery and L2TP
signaling for VPLS and dealt seperately. They appear to be two disjoint
issues and can be used independent to one another, hence seperation allow to
mature both the parts with appropriate expertise/focus.

I have personally shared my view on L2TP signaling for VPLS through
draft-tsenevir-l2tp-vpls-00.txt.

>From: "Vach Kompella" <vach.kompella@alcatel.com>
>To: "'Sasha Vainshtein'" <Sasha@AXERRA.com>, "'Loa Andersson'" <loa@pi.se>
>CC: "'Rick Wilder'" <rick@rhwilder.net>, "'Thomas Narten'"
><narten@us.ibm.com>,        <l2vpn@ietf.org>, <jh@tutpro.com>,
>"'Alik Shimelmits'" <alik@AXERRA.com>,        "'Sharon Galtzur'"
><sharon@AXERRA.com>
>Subject: RE: consensus stattement on vpsl solutions
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 01:21:08 -0700
>
>Sasha,
>
>Yes, Bernard Aboba and Juha went back and forth for a while, and yes,
>the RADIUS issues were dealt with.  We now have a document which had
>substantial support but no champion/editor.  What we are suggesting is
>that the interested parties take up the draft and continue to work on
>it.  Once the editor is found, we have no problem making it a working
>group document.  It is not required that Juha be the editor (though we
>would like to see him get the due credit).  He pretty much said that, as
>be bowed out of ppvpn, that he was hoping someone else would carry the
>ball.
>
>-Vach

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com