Re: [L3sm] [l3sm] #15 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): Multi CE vs Single CE Multi-homing (network access diversity)

"Ogaki, Kenichi" <ke-oogaki@kddi.com> Mon, 05 September 2016 01:13 UTC

From: "Ogaki, Kenichi" <ke-oogaki@kddi.com>
To: "'Landry, Jean-Philippe'" <jplandry@bell.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 10:03:08 +0900
Cc: l3sm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [L3sm] [l3sm] #15 (draft-ltsd-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model): Multi CE vs Single CE Multi-homing (network access diversity)

Hi,

In terms of the diagram depicted in 5.6, this is not for a provider-managed CE case, but for a customer-managed CE case. The access-priority discussed here is between PE and CE.
In a customer-managed CE case, the provider doesn't basically know if CEs connected to two site network accesses in a site are single or multiple CE(s). This diagram is just an example.

This reminds me that the boundary of a site network access in a provider-managed CE case is between provider-managed ce and customer LAN as described in 5.2.1.2.
In that sense, I believe pe-diverse or same-pe constraint in a provider-managed CE case means p(rovider-managed-c)e-diverse or same-p(rovider-managed-c)e.
Can this cover your scenario?

Section 5.5.3 is explained based on a customer-managed CE case, and the terms, same-pe and pe-diverse, may be a little bit confusing.

All the best,
Kenichi