FW: New Version Notification for draft-gs-vpn-scaling-00.txt

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Mon, 24 October 2011 21:41 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: "l3vpn@ietf.org" <l3vpn@ietf.org>, "grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:41:16 -0400
Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-gs-vpn-scaling-00.txt
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Rob Shakir <rjs@cw.net>

Hi-

Rob Shakir and I have been working on a draft that discusses some scaling considerations for L3VPN networks. We posted this today in order to meet the 00 deadline, but it's still most definitely a work in progress, and we are not necessarily looking to present it at Taipei unless there is definite interest from the group in having at least an initial F2F discussion.
We were mainly just looking for some initial feedback on whether this is work the group thinks would be useful, since we weren't certain exactly where something like this fits. L3VPN seems logical given the subject matter, but often scaling considerations with an operational focus like this end up in GROW. But, GROW focuses on internet routing and therefore might not be a good fit other than being a place where folks with ideas that might be helpful to this draft tend to hang out, hence the cross-post.

We're also looking for folks willing to help us flesh out some of the sections that are still missing info, especially as far as multicast is concerned, give us other suggestions. Please have a look.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gs-vpn-scaling-00

Thanks,

Wes George