updated draft-gs-l3vpn-scaling & agenda request

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Tue, 06 March 2012 21:27 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: "l3vpn@ietf.org" <l3vpn@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 16:27:17 -0500
Subject: updated draft-gs-l3vpn-scaling & agenda request
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtgarea-ads@ietf.org" <rtgarea-ads@ietf.org>, "rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org" <rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org>

Hello all -

Rob and I have completed a revision of our draft discussing L3VPN scaling considerations. We've made some changes to the document structure to make it flow better, and we think that we've added enough of the body that it is ready for discussion during a WG meeting. However, since L3VPN is not meeting during IETF in Paris, we're wondering if we should perhaps ask for time in the Routing area open meeting/RTGAREA WG instead?

Either way, comments are still very welcome, especially if you can help us bolster the currently weak section on multicast VPN scale.

Abstract

   This document discusses scaling considerations unique to
   implementation of Layer 3 (IP) Virtual Private Networks, discusses a
   few best practices, and identifies gaps in the current tools and
   techniques which are making it more difficult for operators to cost-
   effectively scale and manage their L3VPN deployments.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gs-vpn-scaling-01

Thanks,

Wes George