Re: Regarding draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-vpn-in-band-signaling-00

IJsbrand Wijnands <ice@cisco.com> Mon, 07 May 2012 09:55 UTC

Subject: Re: Regarding draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-vpn-in-band-signaling-00
From: IJsbrand Wijnands <ice@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 11:55:40 +0200
To: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>

Yakov,

Thanks for your comments;

Maybe its best if we view this draft not as a 'VPN' solution, but as a solution that uses VRF's to implement a service.

As I tried to explain before, this is not a solution that is meant to offer as a generic VPN service to end customers, but a solution used by a provider to internally partition services using VRF's.

Maybe my statement that this solution is to be used in a VPN environment was wrong and caused confusion. From the providers deployment POV, this is not an end customer VPN service.

The MVPN procedures you reference below just don't apply to this draft.

Thx,

Ice.