RE: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-00.txt

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Tue, 23 July 2013 08:38 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: "Henderickx, Wim (Wim)" <wim.henderickx@alcatel-lucent.com>, "Nagendra Kumar (naikumar)" <naikumar@cisco.com>, "l3vpn@ietf.org" <l3vpn@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-00.txt
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:38:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.102.175]
Cc: "pwe3@ietf.org" <pwe3@ietf.org>

The "shared label" does not equal to "global label". It is still a local label allocated by each PE.

Yes, the context label has been adopted. But it does not mean protection approaches based on it have been adopted.

I agree with your point that there is always pros/cons of each solution. Coexistence may be not unacceptable.

I add the pwe3 mailing list since this document is related to the following draft submitted for pwe3.
ICCP Application TLVs for VPN Route Label Sharing
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-pwe3-iccp-label-sharing-00.txt

Thanks,
Mingui