Re: [Lager] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lager-specification-09.txt

Kim Davies <kim.davies@icann.org> Mon, 29 February 2016 23:50 UTC

From: Kim Davies <kim.davies@icann.org>
To: "lager WG (lager@ietf.org)" <lager@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:50:24 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.0.32.234]
Subject: Re: [Lager] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lager-specification-09.txt

Folks,

Asmus and I think this addresses all the issues identified in the WGLC. That
said, we’d like to draw your attention to the <scope> extension mechanism in
s4.3.4. A number of reviewers felt the approach described in earlier drafts was not
clear, and upon further reflection even if it was made clear it was probably not
easy to implement either.

We’ve put in text for an alternate mechanism, and hope the new text is clearer
and provides a flexible mechanism. In essence, we propose you can extend the scope
types by either using XML namespaces to declare your own scoping grammar
independently of the LGR spec, or make a new supplemental specification describing
new values for the scope type attribute.

kim