RE: [lemonade] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lemonade-compress-05.txt - comments

<Zoltan.Ordogh@nokia.com> Tue, 31 October 2006 14:23 UTC

Subject: RE: [lemonade] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lemonade-compress-05.txt - comments
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:22:08 +0200
From: Zoltan.Ordogh@nokia.com
To: arnt@oryx.com
Cc: lemonade@ietf.org

I hope it's not too late.
1. Typo in section 2:
When a TLS librarly

2. Wording change suggestion in section 2:
all protocols that use TLS automatically are compressed
to:
all protocols that use TLS are automatically compressed

3. Wording change suggestion in section 3:
OK The server will compress its responses and expects the client to compress its commands.
to:
OK The server and the client will compress all data that it may send

4. Wording change suggestion in section 3:
The client MUST NOT send any further commands until it has seen the result of COMPRESS.
to:
After the client has sent the COMPRESS command, the client MUST NOT send any commands until it has seen the result of COMPRESS.

5. Clarification/wording change suggestion in section 3:
to:
Therefore, responses issued by the server before the OK response will all be uncompressed, and delayed client requests that have been sent uncompressed (before turning compression on) may result in compressed responses.

6. Typo in section 4:
so any compression algorith

7. Wording change suggestion in section 4:
the same way as is recommended for servers
the same way as it is recommended for servers later

8. Question/suggestion in section 4:
Multiple occurances of "base-64" - this is BASE64 as in RFC4648, right? If so, I would suggest correction (base-64 -> BASE64) and adding a reference.

9. Question in section 5:
capability  =/ "COMPRESS=" algorithm
                      ;; multiple COMPRESS capabilities allowed
So, if I had multiple algorithms, would it be COMPRESS=1,2,3 or COMPRESS=1,COMPRESS=2,COMPRESS=3? I would guess the second.

10. Question in section 6:
Should we add ZLIB here? ZLIB already had some history...

11. Wording change suggestion in section 7:
The IANA is requested to add COMPRESS=DEFLATE the list
to:
The IANA is requested to add COMPRESS=DEFLATE to the list

12. Wording change suggestion in section 7:
and another compression is added at that time, it would then be appropriate to create a registry
to:
and any additional compression algorithms are introduced at that time, then the registry should be created

Thank You.

Best regards: Zoltán Ördögh
E-mail: zoltan dot ordogh at nokia dot com
Phone: +358 50 386 0566