Re: [lisp] draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-03 available for discussion (but not posted)

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 10 September 2013 15:04 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:04:28 -0400
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Dino Farinacci <farinacci@gmail.com>
Cc: David Meyer <dmm@1-4-5.net>, "lisp@ietf.org list" <lisp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lisp] draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-03 available for discussion (but not posted)

If I were writing these things, I would put the registration for each of
those types in the companion document.  That way, a reader could judge
the safety and utility of the proposed usage.  Otherwise, the
registration itself is not understandable.

Asked backwards, why is there value in putting a bunch of IDs that are
not needed in base implementation into a spec that does not explain what
they are for?

Yours,
Joel