Re: [lisp] Expiration impending: <draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-02.txt>

Edward Lopez <elopez@fortinet.com> Wed, 04 September 2013 16:25 UTC

From: Edward Lopez <elopez@fortinet.com>
To: Alberto Rodriguez-Natal <arnatal@ac.upc.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:25:34 +0000
x-originating-ip: [65.115.88.15]
Cc: "lisp@ietf.org list" <lisp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lisp] Expiration impending: <draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-02.txt>

I concur with Alberto in that we need to consider an intradomain deployment scenario.  For example, suppose I have a stateful firewall and a variety of content inspection engines that are LISP-enabled.  It would be desirable to have the firewall as an action LISP encapsulate traffic-of-interest and forward it to the appropriate content inspection engine for deeper inspection.  A definable LCAF would be very useful in this case, and I like the idea of using a JSON-like format

Currently such scenarios are only feasible with a combination of policy-based routing and VPN/GRE tunneling to establish one-hop adjacencies.  An intradomain LISP model could be used to develop highly resilient, centralized content/application solutions

Ed Lopez