[lisp] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub-11: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 13 February 2023 16:41 UTC

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub@ietf.org, lisp-chairs@ietf.org, lisp@ietf.org, ggx@gigix.net, ggx@gigix.net, acmorton@att.com, opsdir@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 08:41:14 -0800
Subject: [lisp] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub-11: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub/

COMMENT:

Much thanks to Al Morton for the OpsDir review
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-lisp-pubsub-10-opsdir-lc-morton-2023-01-22/)
I'm at a conference (NANOG) this week, and so the OpsDir reviews are especially
useful.

I've provided some nits below -- feel free to address them when making other
changes, or ignore them (they are just nits): 1: "The Locator/ID Separation
Protocol (LISP) [RFC9300] [RFC9301] splits IP addresses in two different
namespaces" - I think this is: "splits IP addresses into two different
namespaces"

2: "It is RECOMMENDED that the xTR uses persistent storage to keep nonce
state." - I think this would be better as: "to keep the none state"

3: "The Map-Server that receives the Map-Request will be the Map-Server
responsible to notify that specific xTR " -> "responsible for notifying"

4: "A similar problem may be experienced when a large number of state were
simultaneously updated." - "states are"

5: "Alternatively, the Map-Server can instead determine that such subscription
request fails, and send" - "requests fail"

6: "When the ITR wants to update the security association for that Map-Server
and EID-Prefix, it follows again the procedure described in this section."  --
I think that this is either "it follows the procedure described in this section
again.", or 9probably better) "it once again follows..."

7: "Note that if the Map-Server replies with a Map-Notify, none of the regular
LISP-SEC steps regarding Map-Reply described in Section 5.7 of [RFC9303] takes
place." - for readability, I think this would be better as "take place" or
"occur".

8: "Misbehaving nodes may send massive subscription requests which may lead to
exhaust the resources of a Map-Server" - "exhausting"

9: (Appendix): "The following subsections provides an inventory of some
experience lessons from these deployments." - "provide"