Re: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-iannone-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-01.txt

Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org> Wed, 13 March 2013 12:47 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: John Curran <jcurran@istaff.org>, David Conrad <drc@virtualized.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 05:47:15 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "lisp@ietf.org" <lisp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-iannone-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-01.txt

With my WG chair (wizards) hat on.

I would like to remind the entire LISP list that the focus of these
particular documents is to be wholly about the technical 'how', not the
who.

This working group (as also confirmed with a offline discussion with the
responsible AD) does not have the latitude to discuss or define "who".

I'm sure all of you have opinions on the latter, however I have not yet
seen any tangible document outcomes based on this discussion to improve
our universal understanding on 'how'. Diving into these (dare I say)
rat-holes at this stage is not conducive to productive outcomes.

To restate - "who" is not open for discussion. Please keep to the
technical specification of 'how'.

Thanks
Terry